You’re probably familiar with the saying, “The early bird gets the worm.” Well, that’s especially true when it comes to your fitness routine.
If you want to get the most out of your workout, it’s best to do it in the morning. That’s when your energy levels are highest and you’re less likely to be interrupted.
In this post, we’ll share our top five exercises to do in the morning. So put on your workout clothes and let’s get started!
Why Exercise in the Morning?
You might be wondering why you should bother exercising in the morning when you could just as easily do it later in the day. Here are a few reasons why morning exercise is a good idea:
It kick-starts your metabolism and gets your body moving first thing in the morning.
It sets the tone for the rest of your day—you’re more likely to make healthy decisions if you’ve already worked out.
It burns more calories, since your body is still revving up from sleep.
It’s a great way to start the day with some positive energy.
How to Wake Up Early to Exercise
So you want to start your day off with a workout, but you’re having trouble getting up early enough to make it happen. Here are a few tips to help you get up and out the door.
1. Get enough sleep. If you’re chronically sleep-deprived, chances are you’re not going to want to get out of bed early in the morning. Aim for at least seven hours of sleep per night.
2. Set your alarm for earlier than you need to wake up. If you give yourself plenty of time to snooze, you’re more likely to hit the snooze button over and over again.
3. Put your workout clothes next to your bed. This way, you won’t have any excuses not to put them on in the morning.
4. Make your breakfast ahead of time. If you have a healthy breakfast ready to go, you won’t be as tempted to hit the drive-thru on your way to work.
5. Find a workout buddy. Working out with a friend makes it more fun and helps keep you accountable.
The Best Morning Exercises
You might be wondering what the best exercises are to do in the morning. Well, there are a few things you can try that will help get your day started on the right foot.
One great option is to go for a walk or jog. This gets your heart rate up and gets your body moving. If you’re not a fan of running, try taking a brisk walk instead.
Another good choice is to do some Yoga or stretching exercises. This can help relax your mind and body and prepare you for the day ahead.
Finally, you could also try some simple weight-lifting exercises. This will help wake you up and get your muscles working.
Tips for Starting a Morning Exercise Routine
If you’re looking for a way to start your day off on the right foot, why not try incorporating a morning exercise routine into your daily routine? Here are a few tips to get you started.
1. Wake up a little earlier than usual and use that time to work out.
2. Schedule your workouts in advance so you can plan for them.
3. Stick to a routine so you don’t have to think about what you’re going to do each morning.
4. Make sure your workout clothes are laid out the night before so you’re not scrambling around in the morning trying to find them.
5. Drink plenty of water before and after your workout to stay hydrated.
How to Make Time for Morning Exercise
You’re probably wondering how you can fit morning exercise into your already busy schedule. Well, it’s not as hard as you think. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Wake up a little earlier. If you can get up 30 minutes earlier, that’s plenty of time for a quick workout.
2. Exercise at home. There’s no need to go to the gym—you can get a great workout in your own living room.
3. Pack your gym bag the night before. This way you’ll be ready to go when you wake up in the morning.
4. Make a commitment to yourself. If you really want to make morning exercise a habit, set some ground rules and stick to them.
5. Find a partner. Working out with someone else makes it more fun and helps keep you accountable.
There’s no need to hit the snooze button when you can start your day with a bang by doing some early morning exercises. These five options will get your heart rate up and your body moving, all before breakfast.
So what are you waiting for? Skip the snooze button and start your day with a smile – and a workout!